Monday, April 29, 2013

Iguazu and Salta

Leaving Buenos Aires was very hard when I felt so at home there and with such great friends!!! But it was time for me to continue on this great adventure! Now for the hard part. Getting anywhere, doing anything, when I still don´t know how to speak Spanish. Thankfully the girls taught me all the important things...you know...the usual things you learn in another language..the swear words! I´m sure i´ll get far with this knowledge! haha JUST KIDDING! I know a bit more then this..thankfully!!! Still, wasn´t going to be easy!

I took a bus from Buenos Aires to Puerto Iguazu where Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay meet with a spectacular waterfall! I couldn´t wait! Unfortunately it was going to take a painful 20 hours of my life to get there...it´s times like these I wish the invention of the telaporter was finished! But I have to admit, compared to INDIA this was a 5 star ride! So I really shouldn´t be complaining!

Other then the waterfalls there isn´t much else to do in Puerto Iguazu, so I didn´t plan to stay here long. I spent the first day just wandering around, making friends!!! (YAY...definite improvement from my experience in India that´s for sure) and getting everything sorted for the next day! WATERFALLS!!!!!

Pictures don´t do this place justice. It was absolutely breathtaking! Sorry Niagra Falls, but Iguazu has you beat!!! (Not only in size) And to say it is merely a waterfall is an understatement. This was a MASSIVE set of numerous waterfalls right in the jungle. Definitely worth the long bus journey!

Just a small taste of the waterfalls! 


From Iguazu it was off to north west Argentina, as I make my way towards Bolivia! Another painfully long journey and I arrived in Salta! This is a cute little town, with some of the most beautiful churches and landscapes. It´s like stepping back in time! I love places like this! Unfortunately, I was having too much fun to remember to take any pictures! I have to really force myself to remember to  do this!!! Sometimes I get so caught up in moment...not that that´s a bad thing, but I would like SOMETHING to remember each place by. Oh well...there is always next time :) 

Today I am off to Bolivia!!! I am so excited...though I´ve been warned this border crossing is not the safest..so FINGERS CROSSED IT ALL GOES SMOOTHLY! Wish me luck :)




No comments:

Post a Comment