Friday, April 13, 2012

Birthday Bliss!

My birthday began somewhere between Goa and Hampi on a long, uncomfortable overnight bus journey. These bus trips are much worse then those that I experienced in south east Asia. They drive faster, more recklessly and the conditions of the road are also a million times worse. (It's best not to eat too many samosas before one of these trips!) As an added bonus, there was a terrible thunderstorm which we had to travel through. Don't think for a second that that would slow the driver down though! With all the excitement of the bus ride i'm sure you can imagine I didn't sleep much...
When I arrived in Hampi (thankfully in one piece) and settled into a beautiful little guesthouse within the Hampi bazzare I was already a million times happier then any minute of my time in Goa! I had a big room, with no weird Russian neighbours, and a roof top restaurant which overlooks one of the many beautiful temples here! This place reminds me a lot of the Angkor Temples in Cambodia, except that the village is in and amongst the temples itself! Absolutely beautiful! To make things even better I ran into my friend Peter from Mumbai! Already I knew I wasn't going to spend my birthday alone anymore :)
After a POT of chai masala tea, I went to do some much needed meditation! (shopping- one of my favourite forms of meditation!) I stuffed my face with all my favourite Indian dishes and wondered around the beautiful town. This was just what I wanted! For dinner I met up with Peter and two Swiss girls and we had a lovely meal while watching the sun set behind the temples! They surprised me with a traditional Karnataka cake with a candle and I was even sung Happy Birthday in 3 different languages! The owners of this little guesthouse were also so sweet and friendly about my birthday, they too came and joined us for cake! (they are STILL wishing my happy birthday haha) It was a wonderful day and I wouldn't have changed a thing...although, I am still craving that glass of red wine! (Hampi is a sacred temple city and is strictly alcohol and meat free)
I just wanted to take a moment now and thank everyone for the birthday wishes! It is really nice to know that no matter where I am in the world I am always surrounded by so much love! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment