Wednesday, April 4, 2012

So here begins my Solo travels

I arrived in Mumbai, India last night. Had a minor incident with checking into my hotel but thankfully it was all sorted and I didn't have to spend my first night on the streets! This morning, after a wonderful Indian breakfast which consisted of what I have called "breakfast samosas" -spiced potato balls which you put in a bread roll with a mint curry- I got a knock at my room. It was one of my waiters who was so excited to teach me Hindi that he came to write down some words for me! He then offered to quit his job for the 2 months that I am here and travel with me as my friend/guide! WOW talk about nice...but as much as I would love to have a guide, I need to do this on my own! Plus, 2 months is a long time to be stuck with some guy I just met! I did however take him up on spending the day around Mumbai together! Hopefully all goes well!! 
HERE WE GO! Day 1 in India...please don't be a scary one! (WIsh me luck)

No comments:

Post a Comment