Friday, April 6, 2012

Mumbai!

I am truely loving my experience of India so far! If it weren't for my new friend Inder (the waiter) I don't think I would be enjoying it so much! He has helped me with bartering, ordering food, showing me the sights and most importantly helps me cross the street! Half the time I have no idea what Inder is saying, where is he taking me, or what he has ordered but it has all been INCREDIBLE! Yesterday we went to watch the sunset at the beach and I even had my first local train experience! One experience I surely would not have had, had I not made an Indian friend! I was the ONLY non-indian in the entire train station! I was treated like a celebrity :) (numerous pictures and staring eyes) Inder and I went shopping where I managed to get 2 pairs of shoes, a ton of bangles, 2 shirts, and a silk scarf for less then 10 dollars! I also managed to set up my phone so calls are always welcome! :) (9769906539). If I had attempted all this on my own I would have paid ten times the price! (I know because I tried earlier in the day by myself very unsuccessful!) When I got home last night I made my first non-Indian friend! Yay!! We decided to share a room today to save on costs when SURPRISE...bedbugs! I have never packed so fast in my entire life (Em you would be very impressed!) We are now spending 3 times what we WERE paying, but staying in such a nice YWCA. It includes breakfast, dinner, a newspaper, bed time TEA and free wifi! (Any place that serves bed time tea is a FANTASTIC place in my books!) My new friend and I are off to explore more of the city (and hopefully get picked up by some bollywood film scouts). And for those of you who have read Shantaram, I am heading to Leopolds for drinks tonight!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment